Frances Willard House Museum
WCTU's Frances Willard House Museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Frances Willard House Museum is closed to the public for the winter but will reopen to the public later this year.
The home of Frances Willard, her family, and the longtime headquarters of the National Woman's Christian Temperance Union was built by her father, Josiah Willard in 1865. The house was designed by Mr. Willard in the English cottage style and shows the influence of Andrew Jackson Downing. The exterior and the interior have been carefully preserved with the furnishings as Miss Willard left it.
Rest Cottage, as Frances Willard called it, is a two-story, 17 room example of Carpenter Gothic architecture. The house is actually a double dwelling, created by an addition in April 1878, shortly after the death of Oliver Willard, Frances' brother, to provide a home for his widow and four children.
Click here for more information on Frances Willard and her home.